Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Gone Away!

*Warning: Spoiler alert -> for people who haven't seen Inception or the latest episodes of Naruto Shippuuden*

Quite an eventful day, in front of a screen, it turned out to be. Home Alone for lunch, a little bit of the Spy Who Loved Me, the ending of The Truman Show and another bit from Life is Beautiful. I also spent a considerable amount of time listening to different versions of Ordinary World  and I was finally able to identify the song whose name had eluded me for over a year. And of course, Inception.

It was a pretty obvious connection for me, between the idea presented in Inception and the concept of Genjutsu in the Narutoverse. In both cases, there exists the notion of , I don't know if this would be the right way to express it, an alternate reality of sorts. After watching the movie, I got to thinking about what Itachi had to say about reality. "People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define 'reality'. But what does it mean to be 'correct' or 'true'? Merely vague concepts ... their 'reality' may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"   

Itachi's words are surely words of wisdom. The people who have seen Naruto/ read the manga would surely agree. All this thinking brings me back to the central theme, the ordinary world of mine. And so I sing,

Where is the world that I recognize? Gone Away ??


 - Raj
(19/07/2010)

It's all for the best it's all a lie ...

No comments: