Monday, August 16, 2010

Gen stuff 3

"Childhood is measured out by sounds  and smells and sights, before the dark hour of reason grows." John Betjeman

I saw the movie, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, yesterday. It's based on a novel by an Irish novelist John Boyne. The story is about living on the fringes of the Holocaust, from the point of view of a young boy. I can't, I'll stop. Just watch the movie if you can folks. It puts things in a whole new perspective, it did for me. 

The wind blows gently through the garden. Once again I have discovered that my abilities are inadequate to do justice ... but I guess that's fair enough. 

Growth is inevitable, but I wonder ... can I push the shadow back to the shadow whence it came from? Just a bit?

- The boy who used to play aeroplanes? 


 

No comments: